The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow .....

 Rain coming down in buckets and predicted to rain like this all day long. All the dirt I hacked off the side of the mountain to cover the drain pipe is now making its way through the yard. Clay, I should say.

So, I was sitting here sipping coffee and watching Netflix when the power went off. No problem I say to myself, I have some chores to attend to anyway. I pull the dog towels out of the washer, having put them in last night before I went to bed. Normally, I hang them outside to dry. But, it is raining. So, myself thinks I should just toss them in the dryer ... but can't do that, it requires electricity. No worries, I take them onto the porch and drape them over the outdoor chairs. I know they won't dry, but they won't sour, either. In case you may be wondering hat "dog towels" are; they are the towels used when bathing the dogs. I wash them separately and add a good dose of bleach to them and they are always a bit hairy, too.

The mopping did not require any power other than my own. I am longing for a shower, but the pump that brings us water needs electricity. Reluctantly I put clean clothes on. I washed all my clothes yesterday, so none linger in the hamper. Lately I have been showering twice a day. Once when I come in from my outdoor gardening in the morning and again when I finish the day in the garden. Smelly and damp, these clothes and I will immediately toss them in the wash. I didn't venture back out yesterday for long. Rain showers would pop up and briefly shed a few drops. I stayed in after the morning shower and cooked dinners for the next couple of days.

Electricity is required for most of what we do nowadays. I bet HeWho wishes he would have listened to his wife when she was harping about those solar panels. He could watch TV if he had!

Tomorrow we will be headed to Atlanta for a procedure with the vascular surgeon. HeWho would be quick to say that "we" are not having a procedure, he is. True, but anything that happens to him happens to me, too. I am his caregiver. 

Comments

  1. True, if it happens to him it affects you too. I hope you get your power back soon. I used to have a "cat towel" for when Angel went out in the rain, for some reason he loved going out to get wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an entire cupboard of dog towels. It takes two for each when I bathe them! Cujo is my only short hair and his towles are the wettest when we get done and he takes the longest to air dry. Not sre why. They all shake nd the only thing I can come up with is that the long hair wicks the water away from the body and they shake most of it off. None of them appreciate the blow dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day in out of the rain is not the happiest, especially without power. Do you think HeWho may go for solar panels now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the seed has been planted in his mind. I will fertilize and water it daily until it becomes his idea and then we will get solar panels. This is what I consider to be a submissive wife .....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier