Running Out Of Summer

 This past week seems to have flown by. Cool nights and pleasant days have had me outside working my butt off (if only that could be). Changing clothes three times a day to try to stay dry. I have a dermotology consult in my future. They seem to think injecting botox in my sweat glands to stop the intense sweating. I don't know that I am too happy about that, but I will go.


Got all the lattice up by the She Shed. Yes, it does look a little wavy. The ground is full of rocks and hard as cement, so driving those fence stakes into the ground is no job for one so weak as I! There will be plants climbing and holding it together. Bachelor Buttons have been planted on the far end, and a nice clematis on the very end.


Not too sure what this vine is, I rescued it at Walmart. It was one of those baskets with various plants in it. This was in the middle surrounded by some tiny white flowered plants. Any idea what it is? I suppose I could look it up ...


Elephant Ears on steroids? They just keep getting bigger.


Caladium in my woods. I really need to weed it and mulch it in, but those yellow hornets are lurking in there! I saw them and steered clear. I am hoping they will go dormant soon. My soaker hose is really ugly and I want to cover it up.




Finally put the house numbers on the frog and a view from the top of the drive. More soaker hose on display. Soon it will be hidden under the mulch.


This awaits my attention tomorrow, along with the 5 bags still in the truck.



When I tired of working in the She Shed and its surroundings, I decided to work on my entrance to my front door. I bought  a Crepe Myrtle and couldn't decide where to plant it. It needs sun, so I decided to plant it here. It will get ample sun and be easy for me to supervise the orange trick to propogate another tree. 

I was thinking of planting it near the She Shed, but after spending an entire day in the She Shed sorting with the sun hitting the front and making it super hot inside, I decided to move the Sycamore tree to that location. It will provide better shade.

I counted 8 gourds on  my vine this morning, then picked green beans, tomatoes and cucumbers. I have two amll watermelons on my vine and just planted more early peas for  fall. I ate a strawberry and saw three more growing. The lone strawberry I ate already had a tiny bite out of it. I cut that part off.

So, that is what I have been doing with my time. Like a mad rush to get all this done before I run out of summer. 

Comments

  1. I'm tired just reading about all your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tired! You would think I would sleep well, but I am still having trouble getting to sleep!

      Delete
  2. My, what huge ears you have! Maybe HeWho can stand behind them, and fan you with one as you take a break! Wait. That's unlikely on both counts. Not typical HeWho behavior, and you don't seem to take a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HeWho would never be able to stand long enough for me to take a break!! His legs won't hold him and we just learned that he will have a vein mapping procedure in OCTOBER. Meaning we will be in surgery and recovering through the holidays or they will push it to next year, Either way will just add fuel to the flame of my frustration. They indicated that this needed to be addressed as soon as possible and now we seem to be just taking our time.

      Delete
  3. I cannot believe the amount you have accomplished in a few short weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son and his new family will be coming in a few weeks, nothing like company coming to motivate you!!

      Delete
  4. Your mystery vine looks like it might be a mandevilla, like the ones Joanne plants in hanging baskets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, I was thinking it was a tropical sort and will need to be replanted and taken in to over-winter. I am thinking of buying a very small green house that I can put on the back porch to keep all my plants in. Not even going to mention it to HeWho would say he could make one for me ...

      Delete
  5. My goodness you are a bundle of energy. Your place is looking so homey and appealing. You have a vision of next year's gardens and plants, while i am trying to keep this year's few outdoor flowers alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my favorites have either withered away or been eaten by deer. My geraniums seem to love the shady area I put them in next to the stairs, while the one in the sun seems to be just sitting there with no new flowers. This year is all about figuring out what area seems to thrive. After my company leaves I will be building my new raised beds for vegetables. Since I chopped down a row of shrubs left to go crazy that were blocking all the sunlight from the dog yard, I discovered a nice sunny area there. I will be putting narrow boxes 3' high INSIDE the fence. The dogs can't get to them and they will be protected from critters, low and high. They will be facing the ravine and I can harvest easily without bending and it will provide a sliver of shade for the dogs.

      Delete
  6. You have definitely been busy. So have I but not working outside. Well, sort of outside, in the shop with the bay doors open.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been working in the She Shed with the doors open and a fan! So much to do still. I plan to never move again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth