Video Debut?

 

I was happily laying mulch in my gardens, when I saw a weed I wanted to pull. I don't squat or kneel anymore, so I was bending over and reaching out to grab the weed when I felt myself going forward. I bent one knee, thinking to just land on my bottom, but once in motion I kept going forward and fell into the garden, the one that is on a slope. I didn't put my arm out to stop the motion, I just rolled with it. No, not gracefully! My arm was under me and my face hit the log that outlines the garden.


That is not a tear, but sweat. HeWho was navigating his golf cart, bringing me a cold beverage and some wasp spray to have on hand and saw the whole thing. There I was face planted on the log, knees on the ground and my rather generous bottom end in the air. Good thing they didn't name me Grace!

I rolled onto my side and got back on my feet. My face was burning where it made contact with the log, but nothing else was bothering me, so I grabbed that weed and yanked it from the ground! HeWho was hovering wanted to take me back to the house and then to see a doctor. I wanted to continue mulching, so I did. I was making slow progress when HeWho suddenly exclaimed, "What did you do to your arm?"

Three bumps were sticking up and swollen, like my hand was not so long ago. I suppose I burst some vessels. It didn't really hurt, but HeWho insisted on taking me down to the house. My hand has healed, well, mostly. The bruise that followed involved the entire top of my hand and down between my fingers. Now it is that lovely greenish shade of an old bruise.

Now I am frustrated. I didn't finish my mulching endeavor. I have stuff to do and am being held prisoner inside. I hope HeWho fishes goes fishing so he can't monitor my activities. Now that it has been determined I am not seriously injured, I asked HeWho if it was funny. Of course he tried to say it wasn't, but I can imagine what I looked like ... it was funny!! Too bad he didn't video the event, we might have been able to make some money from it! I could buy more mulch!!

Oh no, I won't be able to cook tonight! HeWho will have to get take out. He has offered to take me out, but said I have to sit in the car, lest someone think him to be an abuser!

Comments

  1. Who knew that gardening was such a contact sport? Sorry for your injuries, but more sorry that your mulching was interrupted. I know that's what's important to you! Those arm lumps are going to turn your whole arm purple. I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt, and that you live to mulch another day. Also, congrats on scoring a take-out supper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, now that I have time to catch up on my blog reading, Blogger refuses to recognize me and I can't comment!! This made me almost forget about my mulching. Now that hours have passed, my upper lip has swollen considerably, looks like I had a big shot of Botox!

      Delete
    2. Oh, no! Do you have a duck lip? Will Dora still recognize you? I know the dogs will be okay, since you probably still have the same smell, heh, heh!

      Dumb Blogger just changed me from myself to ANONYMOUS when I commented on somebody else's blog (joeh, the Cranky Old Man). Like it logged me out just for that comment, but I was still logged in everywhere else.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I had a duck lip. Blogger has now decided to let me make comments. Nothing changed on my end, so I blame Blogger!

      Delete
  2. OMG, you took a major spill. I guess you could cut back a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it hard to jut sit around. The rain is keeping me in today.

      Delete
  3. Oh that sounds so painful! I hope your swollen lip doesn't prevent you form eating and drinking. Did you take up HeWho's offer to eat out? Please be careful with the reaching. Not everything has to be done immediately, although I know you like to do it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got take out, as I lounged in pj's all day. I have a weeding addiction and can't seem to help myself. I see it and then I pull it! Weeders Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeez Kathy! Are you trying for the most bruises in one week? I guess I'm glad the land is flat around here. No tetterring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it is fortunate that it rained for two days and I have not been outside a lot. Making me safe from falling!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier