Product Review

 For years now, I have been using the OCedar spin mop. I like that it spins the water out for a dryer mop. I used it in the kampground , as well. I had three of them. What I didn't particularly care for, was that the dirty mop water was what I rinsed the mop in. 

Solutions I could come up with, was to use two buckets. One with clean water , while the rinsed out dirty water went into the other bucket. Not a simple solution, by any means. It had me toting a mop bucket in each hand.

Now that space is a real issue, I can't have two mop buckets in use at one time!! I mop every day. Yes, it is a big pain in my rear, but it needs to be done. Dog slobber, water from their dish and sometimes pee on the floor is just not acceptable to me. Let's not even tak about the dirt they track in. HeWho refuses to take his shoes off at the door. He does this in his recliner, so he is not a big help either. A rug on the floor is misinterpreted to be a pee pad by the canines. 

So I did some research and found a more acceptable solution. Did you know there are many mop buckets that have a separate insert to hold the dirty water? Are they expensive? Yes, they are. I looked at all the ones I could find and read all the reviews and ended up purchasing one.

Walmart had it, they actually have everything and deliver free. This one is from Gazebo, Inc. It takes up only a 9" square of my valuble space. Less than $35 and it came with SIX mop heads! I had a flat mop head before a long long time ago and I really liked it, so I was certainly game for another one.


It was delivered today and I have already mopped the house! The mop stores in the bucket and it will fit easily in my pantry area. You put the mop in the water side, mop an area, then put it in the "dry" side. There is a plastic "blade" that scrapes the mop head clan and pretty dry. It readily picked up dog hair (the bane of my existance) and it scrapes off and stays in the dirty water side!! I love it!


Isn't it cute!! Since my birthday is the 26th, this is my gift to me! My twins are 47 today, and I still call them "the twins". My babies!

Comments

  1. i understand your fondness for a mop. I love my wet swifter. Happy birthday to you a nd your twins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swiffer spray formula is not good for dogs, especially floor lickers like mine. I they smell bacon cooking (a rare event since HeWho is not supposed to have it) they gather in the kitchen waiting for grease splatters to hit the floor!

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised the dogs are not house trained. I'd hate to be mopping every day. Here I'm much lazier, I clean spills, but only mop once a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are house trained, but I have varying ages at any given time. Older dogs leak, younger ones can be excited and pee a little and sick and rescued dogs are smetimes just scared and pee for no particular reason. Then there is the slobber from the water dish and wet feet after a rain. Never forget that I am mariied to a man and that comes with messes of a different kind!! Making me love a good mop!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the mop tip. Never knew something as clever as this existed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I no longer watch TV ads, I have to research on line!

      Delete
  4. I rarely mop. Usually I just take a wet dish towel and swish it around on the floor with my foot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen, you made my morning with this! You describe perfectly what I do! White ceramic tile shows drips, etc. clearly, and the dishrag takes care of it. With my foot.

      Delete
    2. I have used that method many times!

      Delete
  5. Interesting mop bucket. I was just googling to see if I could find one for me but I none of them look like what you have. Any other identification on the bucket/mop? Thanks...I'm a wienie dog mom as well as cat mom and could use one of those for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Bittersweet

Stories Better Left Untold