Pathway Lights and Lilies

 Today found me up the hill with all my solar lights missing parts. They still work, just don't have all the parts to stick them in the ground. So I improvised. I have one lone doggie planter that belonged to my Grandmom. I had a bit of aloe looking for a place to grow and decided to use it to grow aloe and light the path.

These frogs were on sale at the dollar tree. One was made to hold the toilet bowl brush, the other was a hand soap dispenser. They are now living there best lives as lighted path finders.

What path, you ask? The path up the steps to the She Shed. HeWho loves me finished the hand rail for me!!

I love it! He screwed it securely and then used twine to keep it all tight. Just so you know, I surrounded the ugly green posts with branches. 

I could have asked for a sturdy handrail and HeWho would have, no doubt, gone to a home improvement store and purchased all manner of lumber to achieve my request.I didn't want that. I wanted a more rustic look, using what I already had on hand. I like to challenge my abilities.


My plan for this evening. Day lilies from the clearance section at Walmart. I rescued them. They were so sad looking. Full of spent blooms and brown leaves. I removed all the dead stuff and gave them a big drink of water, all the while crooning my love to them. See how happy they are?

When the sun leaves the area next to the road I will be digging and weeding and planting these lilies. I need about 10 to finish the path and get ready to complete the landscaping along the road from the beginning to the steps to the She Shed. 

Comments

  1. The handrail looks really nice, I like it a lot. Will you take a photo one evening so we can see the solar lights working? Please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't get dark enough until 9:30 and I a usually in bed!! Maybe as the days get shorter I can find the energy to hike up the hill after dark.

      Delete
  2. That's a good use of froggies and doggy. I do love your rustic handrail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel quite smug about implementing my plan. Well, sort of, because the height of my rail falls a little short. After pounding those posts down enough to be secure, it made the rail shy of reaching a hand unless you bend a little. Still, it is there and you can steady yourself if needed. Of crse, should you ever venture down here to visit my flowery compound, you would receive the royal treatment and be riding upon the golf cart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking really nice. I know someone else that rescues dying and spent plants from the home improvement stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite place to shop: CLEARANCE. Mostly they just need water and tending.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth