A New Vet

 Cujo here. Mom has been crazy busy this past week. Not sure what that means, but she has spent a lot of time outside in her gardens. One day she came back in with tomatoes, a cucumber and some green beans. I like green beans, they are delicious! Tomatoes are an acquired taste and I have yet to acquire it. Cucumbers are downright bitter. I don't think she is growing these for us dogs.

Eddie was not feeling well and keeping Mom awake at night. He has been itching a lot lately. His belly gets bumps on it and Mom has to bathe him more often. But yesterday, he felt really bad. He kept shaking his head a lot and walking sideways. Bo would not leave him alone. Bo likes to lick Eddie's ears. Eddie was growling at Bo.

Mom decided to pick Eddie up and have a good look at his ears. First she lifted his ears and looked into the insides, then she sniffed them. I heard her tell Dad that Eddie had a raging ear infection. Raging? What does that mean?

Then I heard Mom on the phone. She was talking about us dogs. That was not a good clue, she tells people about us all the time. Then I heard her talk about 2:00 tomorrow. She told Dad that she made an appointment for 2:00. Appointment? Dad asked how she found the place and she told him she put a post on Facebook's page about local stuff and that she got a ton of responses and Big Bear won.

What? I do know that a man visited us and told us about a small bear in the area. He told her to keep a close eye on her babies (that is us, by the way). She asked how big the bear was and he told her he was between 275 and 300 lbs. Mom told him that was NOT small! He said she might notice the smell first. He told her that bears stink really bad. I think I smelled that bear the other night when we went out to pee before bedtime! It was bad, I tell you!

But, why would Mom make an appontment with a Big Bear? You don't think she might be going to give one of us dogs to this Big Bear, do you? Toni Louise said she would just refuse to go. Bo said he wanted to see this Big Bear, and as long as Mom was with him, it should be okay. Eddie asked us to be quiet, he said his ear hurt.

Finally, Dad asked her about an animal hospital he had seen one day and she said that Big Bear animal hospital was a different one. That clears that mystery up. I wonder if all of us dogs are going. She used to take all of us when Paige was our vet. I liked her, she was nice to us dogs. Bo and Eddie weren't around then. I would prefer to just skip it. It might involve a shot!

Well, last night, the bear visited us and got into the trash. Mom heard it and she woke HeWho is our Dad to alert him. He told her he heard it, but he wasn't going outside. He went back to sleep and I snuggled closer to Mom. I wondered if the bear knew how to open doors, but Mom told me I was safe so I went back to sleep, like Dad.

Then today, Mom picked Eddie up and told HeWho is our Dad it was time to go and they left me in charge. I do not particularly like being in charge of Bo and Toni Louise. They are both prone to troublemaking, as I have mentioned before.

They weren't gone too long and Eddie came back with them. Of course Mr. BoJangles went berserk with happiness and sniffed Eddie all over. Eddie wanted none of Bo's attention. Toni Louise just wanted to see if any treats would be forthcoming. I don't know why she thinks everything should end with a treat. She is goofy like that.

Later, when Eddie and I were settling down for a nap, he told me about the visit. I need to know in case I have to go. He told me the vet was a lady and that was a big relief! As you know, I do not like men. I especially do not like men who want to touch me and look at my teeth and in my eyes and down my ears. I feel the need to attack them.

He said that she looked in his ear and then another lady came in to show Mom how to clean my ear before she put the medicine in every day. He said it hurt, but only for a minute. He told me Mom held him the whole time. Then he told me that one of the ladies cut his toenails! I told him that would not have happened if he would just allow Mom to cut them. 

We took our nap and Eddie is still napping. He doesn't feel so good, I guess. Now I need to watch Mom prepare dinner. She talks to me and sometimes she drops delectible morsels to the floor for me to scoop up. I saw some carrots on the counter and they are one of my most favorite things to eat. Mom always drops enough for all of us dogs. Eddie must fell really bad, he is not interested in watching Mom cook!

Comments

  1. Aww poor Eddie. Cujo is such a good reporter. Chiggers have invaded my territory. Little Charlie and I have been eaten up. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to report that Eddie is feeling much better. Chiggers? I know nothing of chiggers and will have to consult Mom about this. They must be really big if they have eaten two people!! Are they bigger than that bear?

      Delete
  2. Poor Eddie; must be awful to find an ear infection in your new home. Thanks for telling us, Cujo, and stay away from Eddie's ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have stayed away from Eddie's ear. I sniffed it and then told Mom it was stinky. She sniffed it, too. I guess she didn't believe me!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry Eddie is feeling bad still, but the daily medicine will do its work and Eddie will be good as new very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eddie is already better. Mom always knows what to do when we are sick.

      Delete
  4. Beware the bear, Cujo! The stinky one, not the ear-medicine one. You must have done a good job being in charge, since there are no reports of mischief by Toni Louise or Bo. I hope you had several delectable morsels of carrots and green beans as a reward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom was not gone very long and they slept the entire time. I did get some carrots last night! They were yummy. As for that bear, well we have heard two gunshots today. Mom says it could be the hunters of the bear!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth