Trips and Secrets


 Cujo here. This is me in Minnesota. I was being such a good boy that Mom let me stay out longer than the others. We stayed in a lot of places on our trip and had a great time.

This campground charged extra for each dog. My mom never charged extra for pets. I have heard her say that she likes dogs more than people. That does not apply to me. I like MY dogs okay, but I only like Mom. Eddie is my best buddy. Martha and I have an understanding. I don't really care about Dora, the turtle that Mom pets and makes cooing noises over. Hey, it is a reptile, and I am a dog. We have nothing in common, well, except Mom.

The trip was fun until Mom got sick. She coughed and coughed. It was quite annoying. It kept us dogs up. HeWho is our dad seemed to sleep through it. He doesn't wear his hearing aids at night while he sleeps. He has learned to put them up when not using them. All thanks to Mr. BoJangles chewing up two of them. I will tell you a secret. Mom and I laughed about it. You would think that the first time would have taught him, right?

Mr. BoJangles up-chucked on the first day of the trip; just like I knew he would. After that he was fine. Toni Louise escaped and ran like the wind in a gas station parking lot. HeWho is our dad left the door open. What did he think would happen? He did tell her to stay, but we all know she is not that obedient. Mom says she has a constant goofy grin on her face all the time.

Yesterday, when Mom decided to take the clippers to Toni's fur, she did not have a grin on her face. Mom put her up on a table outside and started cutting her hair short. She knows better than to bite Mom, but we all could see that Toni was not happy. Mom clipped away until HeWho is our dad showed up. Then Toni thought Dad would save her from Mom and jumped into his arms. Trick was on her, because Dad held her while Mom cut her hair.

When Mom finally turned the clippers off, Toni didn't look much different, except her long hair was short and her tail looked not as big around. She admitted that it didn't hurt at all. Mom held the clippers out to let Bo sniff them, but when she asked if he wanted to be next, he ran and hid. Mom was just joking, I think.

I know she won't be using those clippers on me! My hair is already short. Eddie was worried for a bit, but Mom told him he had nothing to worry about. He will let Mom comb his hair and Toni resists all efforts at grooming. She used to fight with Mom over her bath, but now admits that she likes it and it makes her feel better. Toni is a rare breed, you know. Dad rescued her from the dog pound. Nobody knows anything about her lineage. Mom and Dad guess a lot. Mom rescued me, too, but anyone could see that I am a dachshund through and through! That means that my dog father was a dachshund and his father before him. My dog mom, too. 

Eddie has papers. I heard Mom say that. At first I thought Eddie was in trouble for bothering some papers, but I later found out that it is just a paper with his lineage on it. Who really cares? Mom doesn't, I heard her say so. Of course, Bo has no papers! His dog mom was Piper, a Yorkie who used to live in our campground. His dog father is supposed to be a Chihuahua and Shitzu mix. I hear Mom say that whatever else he is, he is 60% demon.

Mom loves the little devil dog! But I am her favorite. She told me so. She also said not to tell the others, so keep this a secret!

Comments

  1. I bet you're happy to be back from Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your secret is safe with me, Cujo. Poor Toni Louise, getting tricked by HeWho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the keeping of my secret. Toni Louise is shortening my life span! Always up to something, that dog!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Bittersweet

Stories Better Left Untold