Right On Schedule

 Driving home after a visit with the vascular surgeon's nurse practitioner and a visit to the grocery, the thermometer reported a temperature of 100 degrees. HeWho was told to turn the air conditioning on before we needed it just to make sure it was working properly and failed to do so, was all a tither about the heat. 

"We are turning the air on when we get home!" he proclaimed. It made it sound like I had previously forbidden him to do so. I didn't. The mornings have been so nice and cool before the sun comes out, and again in the evening when it goes down that we have not needed to turn the air on. I just looked at him and said nothing. It is still quite the effort to force sounds through my throat, so I don't talk unless I have to.

The visit with the nurse practitioner went well. We will have to go to Piedmont Hospital in Jasper for the CT scan of his legs, abdomen, and his carotid arteries. If a procedure will be of benefit, we will need to go to Atlanta. I don't particularly want to drive to Atlanta, but that is where the vascular surgeon does his magic act.

From there we stopped for breakfast, then headed to Walmart to forage for groceries. We noted gas prices along the way. Gas is cheaper in Georgia, just so you know. We saw one station at $4.29 but went on to see what Murphy's at Walmart had.  $4.26 was flashing on the sign we could see from the road. We usually top off the tank before shopping. I was surprised to see all bays were open. They were out of gas. We didn't need gas, but when you find it cheaper, you top off the tank. We shopped. I rescued some plants and pawed through the poor selection of meat and produce and left depressed about the lack of quality and the high prices. The only other grocery is Ingles and their prices are even higher. 

Fuel must have been delivered while we shopped, so we did get that gas and came home. I have rules I follow in life. One being to not leave the car without taking something in. Just saves some time and steps and makes a lot of sense. Never go upstairs empty handed, or downstairs. We no longer have multi levels, thank goodness, but when we did it annoyed me when no one else seemed to want to abide by my sensible rules. 

HeWho was intent on turning the air on, went straight to it while I snatched up the bags of cold and frozen items. He yanked thinks out of his way and fiddle with the thermostat and yelled, "Is it on?" I replied that I heard the unit come on outside. Then he was in a flurry of activity closing windows and bending down to hold his hand over the floor register and proclaim that he felt nothing.

He brought some stuff inside, including the items that are stored on the porch. I find this extremely annoying, but just took them back out to the porch. I did notice that it seemed to be hotter inside than outside. This was because the central air unit that was working fine when the inspection was done, was not working. Months have passed since then and we would have known this on a cooler day if someone had followed his wife's suggestion to turn it on to see if it was working.

In the meantime, he has gone to buy a part to fix it. Does he know how? I don't know. He will take things apart and reassemble them and they seem to work. It just always bothers me that parts will be left out in the end. I won't sit in a chair he puts together, as I think all the screws and bolts and nuts should be employed in the assembly. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

My coughing has subsided, and I was able to sleep in 4 hour intervals last night. Having used all the Mucinex product, I am now using Robitussin. It seems to suppress the cough better, or maybe I am just getting better as a normal course of whatever I have. A cold that lasts 7-10 days. I am right on schedule!


Comments

  1. At least you're a bit better. That's good. Open the windows to cool off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The windows were open with fans, but we are having a heat wave that doesn't cool down at night.

      Delete
  2. I thought when you moved from the campgropund, your life would be more relaxing and uneventful. I hope you get cool air and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The difference is that I don't have to deal with the needs of others while I am sick! Well, just HeWho and the dogs.

      Delete
  3. Hick was feeling fine on day 7 of his head cold, and it seems to be completely gone on day 10. Hope yours progresses normally, though I think you have a different strain, since he never got a cough, just sounded like his head was in a bucket. Oh, and he had a hot toddy for the first four nights...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sound like a squeaky toy in Bo's mouth! Speaking on the phone is interesting.

      Delete
  4. I hope the air gets fixed and working properly very soon. You need to be comfortable, you've earned that after all the years put in at the campground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Temporary window unit to the rescue. Since we are in a heat wave, finding a repairman is next to impossible.

      Delete
  5. Glad you are feeling better. Gas is 4.50 here. And we just had to have our air conditioner replaced. It didn't care for day after day in the 90s I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we don't need a new one. We have not turned the air on until now. I don't think it would have been so unbearable if I had not been sick. I grew up without air conditioning, so I know it can be done!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier