Licensed To Drive!!

 Happy to report air conditioning at my house! Works almost too well. I like to be a little chilly while sleeping, but this was bone chilling. HeWho assured me that the temperature was set at 75. He was in a fetal position try to keep warm under the sheet and lightweight bedspread, but did not get up to check the temp. The register is in the floor on my side of the bed and was blowing in my face. I got up and grabbed my warm and cozy robe and tossed it over my shoulders. There are two thermostats and the one that I needed to get to was in a dark corner. I could not find a flashlight to save my life!

This morning I located a flashlight and hung it on the hooks by the door that hold our keys. Then I took my pills and got ready for my appointment. I have grown tired of all the appointments and trips to see the doctor. Seems like that is all I do lately!

Monday was a big day. We finally got our drivers license for the state of North Carolina. We were prepared with our birth certificates, social security cards and mail addressed to us in this state. Unfortunately, to get a license that would allow me to travel internationally I needed to produce a marriage license! I didn't have that in my purse, so I suppose I will just hang out in the USA.

The next stop was Walmart for water and a fishing license for HeWho. We had to hang out at home for the air conditioner repairman yesterday. I stayed while HeWho purchased tags for the vehicles. Today was the echocardiogram for me. Tomorrow will be fishing, if the weather permits. I am not a fisher person, but I will go along and read a book. In the meantime, HeWho is looking to buy a boat. He showed me some rather small ones that he said would be fine. Maybe he thinks so, but I am not going out in a tiny little boat with him! I can swim, but I am not a strong swimmer and would rather not find myself needing to test my abilities. Besides that I am opposed to getting into water I can't see through!


Comments

  1. Both of you should wear a life jacket! If not the vest kind, then at least a little belt like water-skiers wear. Better safe than sorry. You never know when you could hit a log in water you can't see through. I love fishing. Boats, not so much. I'm happy on the bank of a pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Val, life jackets for both of you.

      Delete
    2. Life jackets for sure. We haven't found the right boat yet, so no worries until we do. We had a pontoon boat at our cabin in Wisconsin and I enjoyed it. It feels stable in the water and was "fenced" all around, making it okay to take our dogs with us. We had the collie and the st. bernard and two doxies then. Louise, the saint, was terrified of the water, so no chance of her jumping ship. Sarge, the collie liked to be ON the water, in a vessel, boat or jet ski for him. Sweet Emmy Lou, the 6 lb doxie always rode in a baby swaddler attached to me, she liked seeing the world from the safety of my body. Oscar was the only one who would dare to disobey me only jumped one time. It scared him enough that we never had to worry about that again. I don't know how Bo or Toni would be in a boat. Cujo and Eddie would be fine. Did you know they have doggie life vests? Oscar had every accessory a dog could want, including sunglasses and hats!

      Delete
  2. I don't quite understand...why do they need to see your marriage license in order for you to be able to travel internationally? It's an ID card and driver's license. It has your name and picture on it. What difference if you are married or not? Anyway, isn't that what a passport is for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I understand it, and I could be wrong, is that some states issue what is known as a "real" ID. I would need some sort of proof of marriage because my last name is not the same as my birth certificate. Whatever, I just wanted to get my North Carolina license so that if I were stopped for a traffic violation I wouldn' be ticketed for not having changed mine. It is a very gray area about the license since Covid. Normally you have 30 days from the day you move in. They closed all the smaller satellite offices and now you are required to make an appointment. Then you have to go to which ever office, none of them close by. A big pain the butt! Our first appointment was in May (we moved here in Jan), but we failed to take our birth certificates and social security cards with us and had to wait until June 27! If asked for a license, you would show them your appointment on your phone and your current out of state license. Rules have to be followed by mere peons, you know! Higher ups can incite riots and remain unscathed.

      Delete
    2. My Mother's idea of teaching me to swim was to toss me in deep creek of brackish water. I did not come back up. I was five, my grandfather pulled me out and I proceeded to tell anyone who would listen that my mommy drowned me! I have a healthy fear of water now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth