How Hot Is It?

 Today took us on an adventure. It was a lovely drive even if we arrived late. GPS underestimated the time it took to travel. We went through three cities with traffic lights and seemed to hit them all at the wrong time.

I was a little out of sorts at the beginning of the trip, but I like to see new places, so I perked up. I was busy pointing out restaurants and places to shop, all the while looking for the street we were were supposed to turn onto. Ten minutes late. I would have fought with anyone saying we had to reschedule. Fortunately they didn't and all the tests were completed.

We left home at 11:30 and got back at 4:30. HeWho treated me to Wendy's biggie bag to eat while driving. No, I wasn't driving, because if I had been driving, we would have most certainly made a U-turn and gone back a mile to the 21,000 square foot thrift store I saw! No telling what treasures awaited me there!! 21,000 square feet could have kept me occupied many hours!

We did stop at a produce stand and purchased some lovely veggies. I was still mourning the thrift store miles behind us and said so periodically. While looking for that produce stand I saw on the way to the Imaging Center, I heard the driver say that it was located where we turned. Where we turned? It was a staight shot on Hwy 515 through Blairsville, Blue Ridge, Cherry Log and then Elijay. We did not turn. He insisited that we did.

Of course when he started down the wrong road the GPS altered our course. He insisted that it didn't, while I was as insistant that it did. When we ended up in Murphy, he conceded that I might have been correct. At one point HeWho asked me why I wasn't driving if I knew so much. Really. I told him that I probably wasn't driving, because we would have definitely stopped at the thrift store and would not have deviated from the route that was a 4 lane highway to a two lane one with double yellow lines all the way that prevented passing slower drivers.

He has no sense of direction, much less shopping savvy. In the meantime, we had to reschedule the air contioner repairman in order to make this appointment for the CT scan and it will be Monday before we see him. At 4:30 it was still 97 degrees. The window unit is keeping us somewhat comfie, but I am thinking a nap is in order because if I am asleep I won't know how hot it is ...

Comments

  1. I have no sense of direction, either, and execute too many U turns since I lost voice on my directions app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer to hear the voice reminding me when a turn or exit is coming up, HeWho likes to look at the route on the phone. Yet, he can't read a map!!

      Delete
  2. Do you have any hot water bottles used for warming the bed before you get in? Put cold water in them and freeze them then use to cool down the bed before you get in. Or put folded clean sheets or towels in the freezer and spread those on the bed before lying down to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought a window unit that is keeping up with heat well enough. We only have 400 square feet, so that is a sort of blessing. The window unit can go in my She Shed ater the central unit is fixed. I grew up without air conditioning and survivied!

      Delete
  3. It's that hot here in Missouri, too. Too hot to do anything outside, unless I do it in the morning hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my garden chores either in the early morning or after the sun goes down. Today it has cooled down considerably. We have the windows open to let the cool breeze of 68 degrees in!

      Delete
  4. Your luck has to start looking up! Hope you get settled in and you feel up to par really soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your lips to God's ear! I am ready for some productive days in my She Shed!

      Delete
  5. Sorry you were deprived of a thrift store visit! Also sorry you have to wait out the heat over the weekend. The dogs might have to lay off the snuggling for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still mourning the oss of a shopping excursion! Bet Hick would like to join me in 21,000 square feet of bargains! My dogs do not care how hot it is! It is currently 68 degrees with a mountain breeze cooloing everything down. Good sleeping tonight!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth