Going Home

We will be home tomorrow. We are in the bowels of Kentucky now, stopped riding at 3:45. I have walked the dogs, done the dishes and washed some unmentionables in the kitchen sink. Remember, back in the day when ladies did not disclose words like bras and panties? Gone, those days are gone. Not that I think anything is wrong with the words, just like the sound of "unmentionables" as it rolls off my tongue.

Actually, no words are rolling off my tongue at all. Cottonwood trees were blooming in Minnesota. Well, not exactly just blooming, but the blooms were floating through the air at the graduation ceremony that was held outside. I noticed it but thought nothing of it. I take Zyrtec every morning and Singulair at night. They serve me well under normal circumstances. I think it was the lilac tree in my son's yard that took my voice away. I can whisper, but my voice sounds like a frog croaking. HeWho is audio impaired can understand nothing I say! We text or he reads my lips and hand motions.

The trip was wonderful, no hurrying, just being with family, old and new. I got to see all my grands with the exception of Layla. She was attending a wedding in another state. Two of my grands graduated, I was able to attend one of them. It was a lengthy ceremony with 500 graduates, and a lengthy walk to the seating area. Thank goodness for the golfcarts taking the oldsters like us around. I knew HeWho has bad legs wouldn't make it. He was telling me to go on and he would just stay at the front of the building, but my baby girl pushed her way to the front and got us a ride!

I was so proud of both my grands. It has been so long since I have seen them all. Covid in the middle of their school years and they still made it through. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger must be true.

Martha, the boy cat was totally unfazed with all the riding. He found a spot by the bed and pretty much stayed there unless he wanted to eat or use the litter box in the bathroom. He got trapped in there a couple of times and made his situation known. If we didn't hear him mowing, he hit the door with his impressive mass of a body, or stuck a leg out for us to see. Mr. BoJangles got carsick the first day, his normal routine and was fine after that. Cujo just wanted to be near me and he was fine. Eddie was pretty demanding when it came time to hook on the leads to take them out. His bark sounds like a Doberman and he would bark until they were all going out the door.

Toni Louise could win the most annoying award. She is equally impatient about getting leashed up, but she is also the resident escape artist. Today she ran out into a gas station parking lot, grinning like a fool. She always looks like she is grinning at some secret joke that only she knows. I just shut the door and let her master chase her down. He was very unhappy with his dog. He kept chastising her and telling her what could have happened to her, and she just looked at him and grinned. When I chastise my dogs, they hang their heads and slither over to me and lick my toes to apologize. Not Toni Louise!

I forgot a few things necessary to have on board and underestimated my foundation garment needs. We unloaded all of our personal items when we moved, and I need to stock them back in. I like to keep a few things on board all the time, like toothbrushes and toothpaste, a few items of clothing, extra underwear and such. I always manage to pack everything HeWho never packs anything needs! It is my stuff I forget!


Comments

  1. I have not yet recovered from spring!
    So glad you made the graduation. I watched my very last grand walk the walk last Sunday. She's going to college in Minnesota. I'm knitting her a sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweaters are a must!! I got a little weepy when Gavin walked up. It was hard to see from where we were. 500 graduates and unlimited audience since it was help outside. I could pick him out, though, with his curly hair and he is quite tall. His dad is 6'6" and my daughter is just shy of 6'. I am barely 5'2". Didn't come from me!!

      Delete
  2. I am relieved that you and HeWho hitched a ride on a golf cart. That Toni Louise is a squeaky wheel! But it's good that she enjoys her life to the hilt. Boy cat Martha seems to be the brains of the outfit. Let's hope he never decides to use his powers for evil! Did Dora make the trip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni Louise escaped two more times and then again when we got home! She took Bo with here at home and they went all the way up our drive and down the main road. We were both too tired to give chase and waited for the to come home. They did, running like the wind. Her with that goofy grin and him with a defiant look of determination!

      Delete
  3. A golf cart to help the older people is a great idea, glad you got to use one. I never heard "unmentionables" when I was young, my mother called them "small clothes", but later they all just became underwear. That Toni Louise will find herself in trouble one day if she keeps escaping. I hope she settles down as she gets older. Sounds like it was a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother always whispered in mixed company. Like men don't know women wear undergarments. My aunt called panties "step-ins". It was a good trip and I am happy to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a good visit. I'm lucky in that my grands all live fairly close by except the boy who moved to Arkansas with his girlfriend and baby where she is from.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier