Gardens Everywhere

 The pool noodles have been installed and the net is covering everything. One noodle looks askew, but it is holding the net up. About those noodles .... I studied them carefully after they arrived. Something was different. I bought these by the dozens every year for the pool season and thought something was different. They are abut a foot shorter than they used to be! Not only did they raise the price by a quarter, they made them shorter!

Looks a little like a circus, don't you think? It was a challenge to get the netting in place. I placed everything as close to the ravine as I could, so there was no walking around on the far side! It was quite the stretch to get the net over. It caught on everything. I hope it will be worth the effort.

Up the hill, by the She Shed things are beginning to sprout. I am looking forward to some color. I still need to "hide" the soaker hose under the mulch. My next big project will be a fence panel on the end of the shed to hide the trailer.


The rabbits nibbled my marigold right down to the root. I replaced them with geranium that are just beginning to bloom. From everything I have eard and read, critters do not like geranium. But geranium and marigold are from the same family and marigold was supposed to be immune to rabbit liking, too. We shall see.

Comments

  1. I suppose critters are the price of living in the woods. I used to say that about the deer eating us out of house and garden. I hope the netting solution is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Te netting seems to be working. Picked my first tomato yesterday. We have a motion sensor light in the yard and I think it must be keeping the deer away. Up the hill is easier for them to eat the flowers.

      Delete
  2. I like the pool noodles idea. The other bed looks nicer now with the little frogs placed around and I hope the geranium survives the rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of frogs from the kampground. I brought them with me, well, bcause a lot of folks gifted them to me. Not to mention, the new owners changed the name of the park and were not partial to my decor. We drove by the park when we were on the trip back from Minnesota. They don't seem to be as mindful of the grounds as we were. Looked shaggy, the grass that had been mowed left a row of long grass drying out in the sun and the gardens were full of weeds. Thr frogs are happier with me ....

      Delete
  3. When we moved out here I invested in soaker hoses and then after a few years tossed them all in the trash. The water only spread out about 6" on each side and they eventually got clogged up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought some soaker hoses along with us. Out of five only two are functional, thanks to the crazy weed whacker I married. They are useful in my sloping beds, as water flows downhill. All the vegetables and most everything get a watering by hand. I find it peaceful in the early hurs, just me and the hose, with Eddie at my heels.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier