Air Conditioning

 We are still without benefit of central air. Repair man came on Monday. It is the motor. Unfortunately, he did not have one on his truck and it had to be ordered. Next week it will be installed.

It is not as bad as you may be imagining. The nights are cool, downright chilly. Good sleeping weather if your mate doesn't hog the quilt! Mr. BoJangles is the real culprit. He likes to burrow between the quilt and sheet. In doing so, he pulls the quilt off me and makes a mound in the middle of the bed around himself. For such a little guy, he manages to take up a lot of space.

We have a temporary window unit in the living room that manages to keep the temperature down during the 90 degree afternoons. That unit will be going to the She Shed after the central unit has been repaired. Not in one of my windows, but in the outer wall. $500 for a new motor seems like a lot, until you compare that with replacing the unit. Such is life!

Comments

  1. Thinking cool thoughts. Ain't that awful. I'll be happy when the motor comes, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All cool thougts welcome! I will be happy when the repai is done, altho, not happy to pay the price!!

      Delete
  2. great idea to move the old unit to your shed, you'll be more comfortable when working there. could you put an extra quilt on the bed mostly on your side so it doesn't get hogged?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do have an extra quilt during the winter, but it is not winter and most everything has been put away in the She Shed. Limited space here. I doubt Bo will change his ways about moving in between sheet and quilt. I do get frustrated with the litte demon, then he will climb up my torso to my neck and rest his head in my neck and flick his tongue ut and kiss me. Who can stay mad at that? Sometimes I just stare at his tiny head and wonder how something so tiny can create such chaos!

      Delete
  3. I wish out recent air conditioning repair had just been a motor. Nope. We decided to replace the cooling unit rather than go the $1500 repair as the old one was 12 years old and likely to crap out again soon anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid we might have to replace the unit, which is also the heat pump for winter, I suppose we dodged a bullet there. That particular phrase will soon become politically incorrect, as so much of life seems fraught with controversy lately. Watched one of the "reporters" from the daily show interview people attending a Trump rally. I know it is comic relief an supposed to be funny, but I found it disturbing that his followers are so ignorant. One loud mouthed woman opined that Nancy Pelosi orchastrated Jan 6, just to have something to blame on Trump! I suppose she may have been some of the better informed, as many of them swear that Jan 6 never happened. Scary.

      Delete
  4. I am beginning to get worried. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well, just busy getting gardens to grow! Watering is a big chore and I seem to tire easily and nap a lot!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth