Sunny Day

 There is a chill in the air as I sit here sipping coffee. My fingers are stiff and cold. I am betting it is warmer outside as the night air is still trapped inside. My toes are cold despite the blanket on my feet.

My side is toasty warm with the butts of two dachshunds' snug against me. It was a long week of dreary rainy days, and I am happy to see the sun. Thursday was the ultrasound of HeWho's arteries in his legs. Yesterday's visit was for the results. Next month will be a flurry of doctor's appointments for both of us.

He will need to see a vascular surgeon to deal with the blockages in his legs. Sooner rather than later. Not the news I wanted to hear. We will be leaving a day early to make our trip to Minnesota, so that we can stop frequently. It is about 15 hours. In our younger days we would have driven straight through. It would appear we are no longer young. I wonder when that happened.

I discovered a cart full of plants to rescue on our trip to Walmart. I was so excited about my finds that I totally forgot to pick up our prescriptions. It was on my list! I even called myself double checking that list. Now we will have to make a trip back to get the RX. Maybe I will just stay here and finish packing the RV while HeWho goes. If I go, I will not be able to stop myself from checking the clearance plants and rescuing more. They beckon to me and beg to come home with me, what can I do?

I planted lavender in the big garden near my She Shed. There is always a breeze up there and I am anticipating the fragrance. I am waiting until our return to do anymore work in the She Shed or the gardens around it. I will just need to mow before we leave. We will be gone for an entire week, and I am hoping all the plants will survive without a daily dose of my care.

I am looking forward to the trip. Can't wait to see my kids and their kids and meet my new daughter-in-law to be! I hear she is nervous about meeting me. Me? As long as she loves my son and treats him well, she has nothing to worry about.

It is time to give Toni Louise a haircut. She does not appreciate my efforts to groom her. The allergy that struck her and Eddie last season wants to return. Her fur makes it challenging to apply the ointment that calms her itch. I discovered that if I take her fur length down to about an inch and 1/2, she is easier to treat. Just not easy to actually do. She is still hanging on to her winter undercoat and this will take care of that, as well. She will feel better after fighting with me. I will win and you would think she would know that by now.

Coffee time is over.


Comments

  1. Not much you don't take in. Hard to believe your folk live in MN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We moved to Minnesota when the kids were in highschool. They have all married and had families there. My youngest is moving back to Tampa in July. She is my bravest boldest child. We are going to see her baby graduate! I can't believe he is almost 18!

      Delete
  2. A 15 hour trip doesn't sound like fun to me either. I hope the treatment for the blockages goes well. And meeting a new daughter in law to be! How exciting! I love lavender.
    Fancy forgetting your prescriptions! I usually make sure I get mine before going to any other shop, but then my pharmacy is right there in the same building as the supermarket, so it's easy for me. I thought Lola's allergy season was over, but she is still scratching and now has a small raw spot under her chin. I'll keep an eye on it, she may not need a trip to the vet for a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trip won't be so bad, as we are not rushing. I don't mind driving the small Class C motorhome, but my husband usually does all the driving while I sit in the back with the animals. I will be happy to have his leg situation taken care of. He has been complaining for years and I relay this to the doctors if he forgets and so far, they have pretty much ignored it. I am glad we have this new doctor. My dogs' undercarriage is their itchy area. I use the ointment for Jock itch, since the test showed it is a yeast infection.

      Delete
  3. At least he'll go to the doctor. Mine won't. He's been to the doctor maybe two or three times since we've been together. No telling what's going on inside. And he even pays for Medicare and a supplemental out of his SS. A 15 hour trip sounds terrible. I dread the 5 ½ hour trip to Dallas to see family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of look forward to the trip. I always look for to the destination, but this trip will be more leisurely. I am insistent about medical care; his family history of cardio-vascular disease is on both sides of his family. I am relentless and just plan pushy, too. That helps, as he really has no choice in the matter. The last heart attack scared him, too.

      Delete
  4. I envy you the trip. Especially that you get to go to MN. Going in an RV makes all the difference. We made the journey up and back from Dallas to the North Shore of MN every year for about 13 years. Fun times those were. Do hope you get HeWho taken care of. And YOU, too. Wonderful that you get to visit family. Hope you have an uneventful trip. Think that would be a first for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minnesota in summer is quite pleasant. I enjoyed living there even in the winter. I liked having four very distinct seasons. I am looking forward to a mountain summer, too. You are right, my trips seem to always have excitement! The kids need to visit with their Dad, and me, but they need to spend more time with him. I visit them more than he does in the past.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Bittersweet

Stories Better Left Untold