Road Trip!

 Oscar here. I have not been feeling dapper of late. Mom suggested it could be my advanced age. How could she say that? She has admitted that she doesn't know how old I am. She approximates my age at around 15. Is that so old?



Whatever. Things around here have been crazy! When HeWho is our dad goes outside, Eddie gets to go, too! Just Eddie. I am not happy with this turn of events, and neither is Toni Louise! Mom says that Eddie will stay right next to Dad or her and comes immediately when called. I could do that. Mom reminded me that the last time she let me follow her up that hill, she had to pick me up and carry me most of the way and back. So?? I admit that I do tire easily, and she promised me that when she starts working inside her She Shed I will be keeping her company.

Eddie thinks he is hot stuff now that he can go outside. Toni Louise is not taking this well. Every day she sneaks out several times as Mom goes in and out. She is not helping to convince them to let her follow when she ignores them and takes off running and refuses to come back. Bo does pretty much the same, but not as bad as Toni.

They have been putting stuff into the RV and I hear them talking about stops and how long they will drive each day. I love a good road trip!! Long hours tucked in next to Mom, napping and dreaming. Bo heard the talk and is very nervous. He tends to get car sick on the first day. At some point he will vomit, and Mom will have a mess to deal with. After that first day he will be fine.

We were all in bed last night just about to doze off last night when we heard Martha outside. He was snarling and making fight noises. Mom jumped up and ran out on the deck with Toni. Bo was tired and stayed in bed with me and Eddie. Dad was hunting for a flashlight. Martha was on the other side of our fence and there was something beyond him in the dark trying to keep him from walking around the back of the house.

Toni told us dogs all about it. She stood close to the fence in support of Martha and refused to come back inside until Martha was safe. Mom waited for Martha to get to the door and checked him out before she came in with him. He was okay, so we all went to sleep.

Everyone except Mom. She couldn't sleep because her face hurt. A bumblebee stung her and now her face is hot and swollen. She said she could handle the pain, but the itching is driving her crazy. I hope that doesn't happen, because who would take care of me? Mom isn't even mad at the bumblebee!

She said the bumblebee was only protecting his territory. Mom just confuses me sometimes! This is our territory and the bumblebees better figure that out!!

Mom says that she will not be blogging for next several days because she will be so busy with her babies. Wait a minute .... I am her baby, she told me so! She also told me it is good to share. I suppose I can do that!

Comments

  1. Oscar, you are just like fine wine that gets better with age! Don't worry about how old you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind is going, this is Cujo, of course. I have been thinking about Oscar a lot lately and have been known to call Cujo by the wrong name. He comes anyway, we are both old and addled!

      Delete
  2. I am confused. Cujo usually talks to us. I thought the dogs were Cujo, Eddie, Bo, and Toni Louise.
    And Martha the boy cat, of course. I must have missed something! And, is your turtle going, or staying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also confused! This is indeed Cujo. Oscar died when he was 17, and has been on my mind lately!

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy the road trip, Oscar. And that when Bo does his first-day vomit, it is not near you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is enjoying it immensely, by whatever name I call him!! The vomit did happen, but I wisely chose not to let him eat before we left, so it was as bad as it could have been.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier