Being Lazy

 Weather is unpredictable. Every morning I check my phone to see what the day might bring. Since we get our news out of Atlanta, the TV weather report doesn't always apply to my mountain side. Neither does the weather on my phone. 

The best thing to do is walk outside and look at the sky or listen to my own body. If my joints ache incessantly, chances are that rain will eventually fall. We were under a tornado watch all day yesterday. I wonder if the three-day headache had anything to do with that. Not just a nagging headache, but rather intense. Longing to escape to a dark room with no noise after swallowing Tylenol and following it with strong sweet coffee.

Yesterday, the headache was finally gone until I whacked my head on the handle of the refrigerator. I cried, not so much for the initial pain, but the headache that came back to visit again. Today, I wait for the headache as I tiptoe around quietly.

Last week, I was standing at the edge of the ravine, wondering how much lumber would be needed to build a stairway down to the water. I looked at a group of trees that would make a nice little nesting area for a deck on the way down. Some of them were full of foliage, while some were still totally naked. My eyes traveled to the top, searching for any signs of life. Seven trees bare of any signs of life. Are they dead? I consulted HeWho knows not much about plants and such. He pronounced them dead and said he would need to get down to them with his chainsaw.

I assured him there was no hurry, as he is not nimble enough to weed eat the ravine and is planning to hire it done. That was less than a week ago. Those "dead" trees are now alive with fresh green leaves. Now when I look out all I see is green. 

Today, after no tornado invaded my world yesterday, the air is chilly with a light breeze. I am cuddled on the couch with my warm dogs and a cup of coffee. Totally lacking ambition for the day. The ground is wet, and the seedlings are all happy, so maybe I will just lay low today. You know, to make sure that headache is actually gone.


Comments

  1. "Totally lacking ambition for the day". Sounds just like me, for weeks now. It will pass, but I'm napping an awful lot. I'm glad to read those trees weren't dead after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sleep better when I am busy during the day. The trees have all filled in and the view is fantastic, so lush and green.

      Delete
  2. I've been totally unmotivated for a couple of weeks but then I had an excuse...my toe with no toenail. Definitely take the day off. There's always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A day off is okay, even if I have all my toenails! When it turns into a week of laying around it makes me feel awful. I have no good excuse.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier