Surprise!

 The weather has conspired with me to be outside working all day long. Makes me so happy ..... and SO TIRED!

As soon as the coffee is in my body, the outdoors beckon to me and I go! No different today, but clouds gathered and I felt a few drops of rain. I came in and showered. Then the sun reappeared. I contemplated going back to my earlier endeavors and suddenly realized how very tired I was. So tired that the thought that another shower would be required was just too much!

No pictures today. They refuse to download, so I will just "talk". As I was about to venture out this morning, I saw the reflection of the FedX truck coming down my drive in the window. I pondered what it could be, since I had nothing pending. HeWho normally sits all morning sprang up from his chair and rushed out to receive the package from the driver.

He came inside and presented me a gift! He bought me a chainsaw!! I was truly surprised and that is hard for him to do (surprise me). Ryobi. You might recall that I have a Ryobi mower, not the one I wanted (13"), but the 16". Main reason being that the 16" came with two batteries. He also purchased the Ryobi blower. Now we have four batteries and three chargers. I am unimpressed with that.

This is the cutest little chainsaw I ever saw! I took it out immediately and headed up the drive to my She Shed. I put my new toy to good use. I have cleared all the underbrush in half of the "woods" now and you catch a glimpse of my shed as you ascend the driveway. 

I cut and burned all morning until my head started hurting and I realized I forgot to eat. I headed back to grab a bite and was surprised to see that it was 3:00! Time flies when you are having fun!

I suppose HeWho mans the big chainsaw tired of hearing me say, "Grab your chainsaw and follow me." I have offered to use the big one myself, but he always tells me I will cut myself. This from the man who accidentally cut his forehead with it! Truth is, I could not handle the weight of the big one with my arthritis in my thumbs. As it was, it was all I could do to hold the two switches on mine with one hand and my thumb is so sore now.

Earlier I planted one of my Sycamore trees in the clearing next to my shed, then I planted Maple trees along the drive. Two peonies have been tucked in beneath some tall trees and I also planted my Hostas at the edge of the wooded area. Everything is growing and looks happy in their new locations.

Tomorrow we will get our new drivers license. Had to make an appointment and this was the earliest slot open! I am excite to stop at Walmart on the way back. While HeWho fills the Five gallon water bottles, I will be in the garden center. I plan to leave with several flats of plants for my woods. The ground is heavy with decomposed leaves and plants should thrive. Not sure what I want yet, but it will come to me for sure, while I peruse the offerings. 

Comments

  1. You have all summer and fall ahead of you. Then next year. You could slow down a tad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would appear to be right about pacing myself! Read my next post!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are loving your new home and retirement. Good for you and HeWho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying my new life, just frustrated that I am starting a new garden from scratch. My gardens were well established, and it was easy to divide my perennials and start a new one. Now I have to pay for new plants!

      Delete
  3. I can feel the happiness in every line of this :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had asked for a lightweight chainsaw several times before and was always told NO. I had several men in my park who would cut things for me, so it wasn't a big issue until now. I love having it on hand for small jobs. Sometimes you need to cut a bit, then stand and look at it before deciding you are done. Men can be impatient!

      Delete
  4. I am looking forward to hearing about your driver's license photo! And your Walmart experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No license, no picture. The plants at the Walmart we went to were very sad looking. I did get two tomato plants, some mint, liriope and dianthus whites to play with. Mint is a deer deterrent and mice hate the smell. It is invasive and will take over an area easily. I am thinking it would make a good ground cover for the ravines and sloping areas. It will choke out the grass and weeds. I think I should also put a several pots of it around my she shed for the mice that might want to take up residence.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Bittersweet

Stories Better Left Untold