Running Water

 The last few days have run together in my mind like one very long day. Despite having slept in between what seems like a beehive of activity; I am exhausted!

While trolling Marketplace on Facebook I came upon an ad for Hostas from someone thinning hers. I called and we went, as she lived relatively close by. For a mere $22 I came home with a huge clump of variegated Hosta, some small roots of dark green big leaf Hosta, a huge freshly dug clump of daylilies, a clump of a second variety of daylilies, two roots of gladiola, a container full of bulbs and a pot of wandering jew.

HeWho was my chauffeur and mainly sat in the car until instructed to pay the lady and load my bounty. This was the beginning of my endless day that began last Thursday.

I dug some and planted some, stopped to prepare a meal before going back outside to enjoy my plants. As the sun was setting, I was watering newly planted items, as well as the other plants that have made it into the ground. I was excited to see the asparagus ferns that I had clipped down to the root ball sending up shoots of green. The raised bed planter of actual asparagus was also sending up tiny asparagus and the tomato plants have blossoms.

Went to bed with a smile on my face. The next day had me standing in one spot and trying to decide what I wanted to do next. This was after the trip to the doctor's office for an 8:45 am appointment for a blood draw. I received a call on the way to the plant lady's house from the clinic to remind me of the appointment for the next day.

The next day that the office was open was what she meant to say. The office is closed on Friday. Wasted early awakening and trip to town. We decided to stop at a Huddle House on the way home. This will not happen again. One would assume that a place serving breakfast all day long could get it right. Pancakes, how do you make such heavy pancakes?

The appointment was for this morning. We stopped at McDonalds on the way back and I happily sipped my iced coffee all the way home. Tomorrow will be the Cardiologist appointment in Blairsville for HeWho refuses to eat right, then Wednesday will find us back at the primary care facility to get the blood work results and refill all of our maintenance RX. An exciting week ahead. I hope we have running water back on soon ...... did I fail to mention that we have been without running water since Saturday? My hair is, how to put this, interesting, different, magnificent? Pick one!

Comments

  1. What? You buried the lede. How did you not mention no water? Did the well run dry? The city water pipes break? Did He Who dig too far down? Did YOU do something?

    I am so fed up with the medical profession. One doctor sent my daughter for emergency heart issues. The cardiologist didn't think it was an issue and prescribed blood work and echo cardiogram in three weeks! Ugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will withhold judgement on this new doctor until I have been a couple more times. The well was a pump issue, nothing I did.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Linda; you certainly buried that very important bit of information. How did you water what you planted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dollar General gallons of water. I found some water in a pot outside that had no holes in the bottom and put it to good use, as well.

      Delete
  3. Forget your "interesting" hair. Good thing you didn't burn any underbrush or leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you haul water up from the creek for the plants or are there water tanks on your land?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we have yet to create a sturdy walkway down the ravine. Getting down would be okay but getting back up would be an event! Even without a bucket of water!

      Delete
  5. Heavy pancakes were my mother's specialty. I swear you could use them as substitute car tryes!
    Hooray for a bounty of plants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How long was the house empty before you bought it? I wonder if that was part of the reason the pump failed or perhaps it was just old. Finding new doctors that you like is a pain in the patootie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier