Nocturnal Happenings

 The appointment with the new cardiologist went well. Not my appointment, but the appointment of HeWho has heart issues more serious than mine. I always go with him since his last major event. Instead of admitting that he can't hear every word said, he will just nod and agree to whatever he thinks they might have said. Since he has not yet agreed to see an expert in hearing matters, I am the interpreter for the man. 

Oddly enough this does not bother him in the least. He gets to just sit there mute while I answer all the questions involving his health. Truth be told, I scheduled him first to determine if I liked the doctor before making an appointment for myself. I did and made my own appointment while I was there. She was very thorough, having obtained his medical records from St. Louis before the appointment. All due to me taking care of business!

He has another appointment for an ultrasound on his legs to determine if he has plaque in his arteries. He complains of leg pain when he walks. He seldom walks anywhere. She mentioned that after the test she would be setting him on a regimen of daily walking. I don't think he heard correctly since his next comment to her was, "Oh, I don't walk a lot." Understatement of the century!

After the appointment was over, we stopped for a few groceries and dog treats. Must have those dog treats on hand!

Speaking of treats .... we have been visited by a beast favoring garbage can contents. The first event happened a few nights ago and resulted in trash all over the yard. HeWho found it picked it up and asked me if I had noticed it. "No, I would have cleaned it up. Duh!" This set me thinking about a remedy to prevent further events. Since I was organizing the tool shed, I remembered finding a bunch of bungees that were purchased to keep the tarp on the trailer covered during our move. Perfect. I took two rather long ones and put one on the ground, put the big garbage can atop it and another on top of the lid and met the hooks on either side midway on the can.

He Who applauded my efforts and said he was going to put one bungee on the top and hook it on the lip just under the lid. I had thought about that but figured if a possum or raccoon was smart enough to remove the lid, they might be able to work the bungee hooks around until they popped off.

It wasn't a possum or a raccoon. Another nocturnal visit from our snack eater resulted in the entire full garbage can being moved to an open area and much effort to dislodge those bungee cords ensued. Scratch marks and bite marks showed the dedication of the animal to get to our meal leavings. My bungees held firm and there was not a mess to clean up, but that garbage can will never be the same! Had to be a bear. 

You might recall that my dogs recently gained freedom from my temporary fence. I now think that they had some help from a bear coming in the night and doing something to cause the fence to become unstable. Maybe he was scratching his back? Who knows?

This fence event caused HeWho to go purchase new fence wire and T posts to secure our canines. He found the rocky ground to be harder than he expected. This gave him an excuse to make a trip to the hardware store to purchase one of those big black devises that pound posts into the ground. He managed to get a couple in the ground and wrap the new fence around the old fence. Still not very secure, it was enough to keep the dogs in and the bears out until his new auger arrived.

The auger arrived in record time. HeWho eagerly ripped into the box holding his new toy that would emit much noise only to find they had left out the actual augers. Just the part of the equipment that would power the augers was in the box. Remember my missing sofa legs? He did not get very worked up about them until the rude woman hung up on me. His missing augers fired him up and he was quite rude to all the people he talked to! 

Yesterday, during our absence, the three different sized augers arrived. It was cloudy and raining on and off all day. Three packages arrived. My two were sitting on the steps in the rain, his was in the carport, slap dab in the middle of the parking spot for our car. The augers could have been wet, no big deal. The contents of my packages were paper product from Walmart, toilet tissue and paper towels. Thankfully, only the boxes were wet.

Tomorrow I will thrill you with tales of augering!

Comments

  1. You gotta wonder about people. Perhaps it was two different deliveries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am worried about the bear getting your dogs! I'm sure that Cujo will have something to say about this new visitor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cujo would direct the defense to Toni Louise and high tail it to safety! They all got loose today and we gathered all of them in except for Cujo. Couldn't find him and no response when I yelled "TREAT". He had gone up the drive to my She Shed. I think h e tracked my scent up the driveway and decided to go see what I was doing. The others were sniffing around the yard close to the house. HeWho walked out to look up the driveway and Cujo took his sweet time coming back down.

      Delete
  3. Aack! Bears! Could you possibly keep the trash cans inside that small shed with the door closed to hopefully foil the bear so he moves on the greener pastures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trash is going in the shed, I just hope the bear doesn't know how to open doors!!

      Delete
  4. What is wrong with these people who cannot package complete orders?
    And BEAR, you had me at bear. We had some very srtrong raccoons who could figure out how to remove trash can lids. In Alaska some folks strung their trash up over a line. Tell those pups to stay put! I'd like to hear about the great escape formt he dogs' perspective. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier