She Shed Doings

 We went on an adventure, in search of a She Shed. We had looked at a lot of them and were suffering from sticker shock. Lumber has gone up considerably and the prices of the woodsheds reflected it. I suggested we try a place that had a large inventory and hope to find a repo in good shape.

You may recall that I had requested a considerable size of at least 10 X 10', windows being a necessity for me. Nothing fancy, just wanted to make it into a decent sewing room for me to play in. We found the place I had been looking for in Murphy. The man came out of the office to greet us. He looked at our car tags that still indicate we live in Missouri and said we had come a long way just to see him. His little white Maltese barked at us from the window.

I told him what we wanted, and he showed me one and said they could order anything I liked, but it would take 2 weeks to get it. I vetoed that idea, as I need it right away. We looked at the one and only 10 X 12. It had windows and some storage shelves built in. It was light blue, trimmed in white. Color was not so important, I can paint.

The nice gentleman mentioned that the most popular size is 10 X 16 and suddenly HeWho was eager to see one, then another. Then the talk of roof structure came into play and before I knew it, I was the proud new owner of a white 10 X 16 with a gable roof and overhead storage. This was yesterday and it will be here tomorrow. Yay for me.



Here is my spot. Look closely and you can see our RV down there. I started making my path towards the designated area for my steps down to the level my home is on. Raking years of leaves, I uncovered some scrap skirting under it all. I will drag it all out of there! Might even make use of it. The slope the shed will sit on is 27" in 10'. The backside will rest on the ground and the front will be elevated 27" up. All the debris and broken limbs will be gathered up and burned. 


So, there I was clipping limbs and raking leaves. HeWho decides to bring the cinder blocks to the site on Kevin, the golf cart. The brake did not hold it, as you can see. It rolled into that sizable tree and still sits there .......


Not alone. You see my car? Yeah, it is stuck, too. I abandoned this scene to come in and let the dogs out, while HeWho is waiting for AAA to come pull both vehicles out.

I keep finding excuses not to go back out there! It is calling to me, though. Yesterday, I took my clippers up there and cut the underbrush out of my way and got the path through the woods started. I stood and stared at all the leaves and crap I was going to tackle, and I was not inspired. I have been walking around the yard trying to envision gardens and have been coming up blank. I decided to just wait until the carport is in place. 

This morning I headed back to my spot and raked and raked. I clipped all the branches until I could walk under the trees without anything touching my head. After a couple of hours, I stopped to rest, leaning on the rake and suddenly I saw my gardens! I know what I will be planting along the path and in the trees. I can't wait to get started!


Comments

  1. Just think how much more of YOUR things you can store in a larger shed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am giddy with anticipation! My new loveseats will be here next week and the loveseat I am now sitting on will be in my she shed. It is a hide-a-bed, you know in case I get sleepy while in the midst of a craft!

      Delete
  2. Am I the only one who thinks maybe it's a GOOD thing that "Kevin" hit the tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are! The slope just keeps going down and it would have crashed off the embankment and into the house had the tree not been there. Of course, HeWho COULD have waited for my assistance to place the chuck under the wheel, instead he got off and then tried to do so, thinking he could hold it back. It is too heavy. Then he should not have backed up the car into the thick forest floor that is in no way solid. Then his many attempts to get the car out just dug him in further. I was going to get behind the car and give it a shove, like you do when you are stuck in snow, but I remembered just how fast he lost control of Kevin, the golf cart ..... I could just see myself broken and trapped between Kevin and my car! An ambulance and the fire department would have to show up and I would have some major arteries cut that would allow me to bleed out and possibly die. Then, suddenly someone would know how to clamp the artery and my life would be saved. But the recovery would be long and difficult, and no flowers would adorn my lonely She Shed hidden in the trees. On the other hand, my kids would come see me for sure! I may be watching too much TV.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It will need to get much further along for me to envision your plan.

      Delete
    2. Not to worry, I will keep you updated with pictures. I have not had a shade garden since we lived in Minnesota. I am looking forward to so many shade loving plants adorning the trail to my hideout!

      Delete
  4. 10 x 16 is a sizeable shed, bigger than my living room. You will be able to do more than sewing in there. I don't know what, but you'll have room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I could even set up the queen bed that was in our house and use my shed for visitors. Better than a tent, just no bathroom. It is lofted on both ends for storage and I will definitely use the space well. HeWho is forbidden to use any of my space. He can play in the other two sheds that were already here. We brought along a small resin garden shed and it now houses all my garden tools and holiday decor, making it mine, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier