Finally, The She Shed Has Arrived!!

 The She Shed is here!!! Still on the truck, backing it in.

Quite a slope. When going up this drive on foot, one should lean forward, and older ones should pace themselves. Going down is trickier. Don't go too fast and lean way back, lest you find yourself in a run you don't want to commit to! I am ever thankful that I have no visible neighbors to watch me, um, learn things.

I can't watch this!

Here it is in its final resting place. Not as far back as I would have liked, but some nonsense about safety dictates otherwise. I wanted the door facing the woods, not the drive, but the powers that be put it on the truck this way and I will not argue about it after waiting so long. 

The men are leveling as I sit here eating my cream of wheat. Takes me back to my childhood. Hot cereal with a lot of brown sugar and a good dollop of milk. Nowadays it has less sugar and almond milk, my tastes have changed, and I prefer things less sweet.


The weather has been so warm I decided to start my gardens. There is a lot to do. I need to repaint my pots as soon as I can access the paint. The tulips look happy.  


Today the weather will change. It is a balmy 48 degrees, and my favorite shoes adorn my feet. I have a pair in every color. Good arch support and you feel like you are barefoot, but better because I can't step on anything that will feel gross to my bare sole.



Suppose to drop to 15 tonight and snow tomorrow morning! I cut the bottoms off the plastic bottles I have accumulated and made covers for these delicate seedlings. I hope it will protect them from Mother Nature's fickle whims.

The shed is level and ready to receive my mountain of boxes and stray furniture. It will be a long but satisfying day!

Comments

  1. Oh, the fun you're going to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have put nothing in it so far. The anchor kit should be here next week, and I spent the day covering my tender seedlings. Supposed to drop to 15 tonight, but back to 60 in the afternoon, then snow Sunday. The big problem will be in hauling all the stuff up the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you considered a walking stick for navigating the drive. Jam it in on the way down and ditto up. One will stop you and one will haul you. Happy plant tending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already cut a nice sturdy limb for a walking stick.

      Delete
  4. We got your snow today. Don't wear those shoes outside if its 15 degrees! The shed is cuter than I imagined. Can't wait to see what you do with the inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow and those shoes do not go together! I am waiting for the anchors, but the security light is up. Next will be electricity. I am looking for solar panels. Insulation, then pegboard and my sewing station. It was nice out today, but a headache put me in bed for the afternoon. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I plan to enjoy it, as soon as the snow stops falling!!

      Delete
  6. I love the shed, it's styled like a mini barn. You are going to have so much fun putting things in there. I'm sure your tulips will be grateful for the protection.
    I like the colour of the shoes, but not the actual shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope all my tender seedlings survive the snow that is falling! Picture a cute little deck with rocking chairs on the front, and window boxes with sweet potato plants spilling over the edges ....

      Delete
  7. I didn’t look too closely at your bottle picture and wondered if you were gathering them to make a ‘clear coloured bottle tree’ similar to the blue bottle trees that were popular a few years ago.

    That driveway certainly looks steeper than I imagined- maybe a ski lift gondola would be the answer😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bottles are just plastic soda bottles and I am using them as mini green houses for the seedlings. The driveway is quite steep!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier