Billboards

 Used to be a time when a trip to town did not require rest upon returning. Or ...... just maybe I have gotten lazy.

Today I was pondering some digging around outside. Well, after the sun warmed up the cool air outside. No plans to groom myself other than washing my face and brushing my teeth. That is when HeWho said, "Want to ride with me to Home Depot to get the wire for your shed?" I paused to think, then said, "why not?"

Off we went, leaving dogfood and water in the dishes. Cat food on the porch and I fed Dora two nasty meal worms and sprinkled some shrimp on her water. I scoured the side of the road for new places to explore while I road along. That's when I saw a billboard.

It was advertising a pharmacy. In big letters for all to see announcing the name "Drugs and Guns". I kid you not! Do these two things really go together? Why on earth would you want that to be your logo? What sort of person would be attracted to this establishment?

We can all imagine the clientele, can't we? We did not go there. I doubt they would be willing to jump through Medicare hoops to fill a prescription for me.

Home Depot was crawling with workers. Don't know why, but it was uncanny the way you could not walk down one aisle without encountering at least two. Some were definitely upper management. You could tell by the way the worker bees eagerly grouped close to hear every word of wisdom dripping from their mouths. They avoided eye contact with the lowly customers, lest they be asked for assistance.

I left HeWho on his own in the electrical department and made my way to the garden center. A shipment of Hostas must have just been put out. They were even in the shade. I sidled over and began my search for just the right pot to take home with me. Always go to the middle if you are paying full price and never buy a plant in bloom! I found the one waiting patiently for my fingers to separate the leaves. It had four separate plants! I found another with three. This means I have seven to plant for the price of two. Is that cheating? No, it is not! Can I help it if I am clever enough to scrutinize the merchandise I am buying?

I heaved a bag of potting soil into the cart just in time for HeWho to appear with all his electrical doodads. He paid and we loaded up to go home. "Are you hungry?" said the man with his wallet. I was careful not to take my purse along. We ate, came home and now I sit to rest while the laundry goes through cycles in the machines. 


Comments

  1. But did you buy the wire you went for?
    I do the same thing when buying plants if they are the kind that can be separated and replanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, HeWho got his wire and is still playing with it.

      Delete
  2. Always a good deal when you get a four for one. You know how to find the deals. Settling in there on the mountain? I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly, but surely. Everyday a little progress makes it my own.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth