Always Listen To Your Wife. Always.

This week has seen many changes outside. We hired a man to spread and level rock in anticipation of the carport. The men thought 2 or 3 loads would do the trick, with some left to play with. It took 4 loads.

HeWho supervised the job. I know he was just itching to get on that Bobcat and take over! In between loads, he sat on the bucket with the guy and chewed the fat. I got so much accomplished while he was otherwise occupied!

You can see the end of our driveway will flow smoothly into the carport.


 Here you can see the tiny shed that was going to be mine. It will be hidden behind the carport. The drop beyond the rock is impressive. Everything slopes down towards the ravine. That shed will need to be emptied today! Limited access will make it tricky to get the boxes out. Then, trusty old Kevin, the golfcart will haul them up the drive to the she shed.

I have opened all the boxes that were on the porch and moved all the contents to their proper home. Still no silverware! Much to the dismay of HeWho will be doing the hauling, I insist that each box be opened BEFORE it gets to the She Shed. Just makes sense to me to make sure all the contents should go uphill. Last week he decided to just grab boxes and haul them up the hill without me stacking them to go and ended up hauling some back.

The moral of this story? Always listen to the wife. Always.

Comments

  1. Some men never learn. Mine did eventually, he kids saying it took him awhile but he was broke to the bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oiy! No silverware! Hope you find that without having to open too many boxes. My husband learned long ago that I'm a way above average smart gal and that my ideas are usually pert darn good. I told him in the beginning, "Hey, I'm blonde, not stupid." But we always worked well together on whatever we had to do by sharing ideas. (Mostly mine, LOL!) Lookin' good for the carport!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been known to draw a picture for HeWho either really doesn't understand or pretends not to. Our movers were awful. It was freezing cold and getting dark and they simply dumped and ran. I had labeled all the boxes and was ready to direct the location, but it just didn't happen according to my carefully laid plans. We are using the set I bought for the RV for now, so it is not too inconvenient.

      Delete
  3. Your system sounds completely reasonable. The silverware will appear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, it sounds reasonable to you, you are a reasonable person! I would say that gender has something to do with it, but my Dad was the most organized person ever. My Mother could not pack or load a car. He did it all. After he retired from the Navy, he took over all her tasks. The canned vegetables were in alphabetical order. He loaded the dishwasher to maximize the space and he folded and put away laundry. You might be wondering what she did with her time? She liked to complain and criticize others as if it was a calling!!

      Delete
  4. I assume that rock going to be stabilised around the edges? and as it gets compacted after use each year you will have to buy more? I'm interested from a cost point of view, it could add up to quite a bit over the years.
    I hope you find your silverware soon and not AFTER you go out and buy new. It does make a lot of sense to check boxes before they get hauled to your SheShed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered about the rock, too. The rock we got each year for the campground tended to wash away into the ditches. This rock does not. It sticks together and is packed solid. We have had a couple of heavy rains and winds since and nothing has moved! We have been assured by locals that it will remain year after year. I do want to eventually add a retaining wall because I think it will look nicer. We have been using the silverware from the RV, so I have time to look through each and every box!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Bittersweet

Stories Better Left Untold