All By Myself

 I am tired after a long week of good weather! I made a solo trip to the grocery yesterday! Left HeWho has taken over the stairs to my She Shed on his own. I was gone a good amount of time, since I hit a couple of stores that had intrigued my curiosity. 

I trolled Pinterest for meal inspirations the night before and saw something that reminded me of those really small wooden crates the Dollar Tree use to have before it became the Dollar and a Quarter Tree. I have been looking for a solution to storing my spices closer to the stove. It is the end of a narrow cabinet and I have yet to find anything narrow enough, but I was thinking I could definitely take the little crates apart and make a spice rack.

Off to the Dollar Tree where I discovered they no longer have those little wooden crates. I was sorely disappointed. They now have an entire row of merchandise that is FIVE DOLLARS! I found some similar crates, but they were $3. I would need four and that stopped my purchase! I am willing to waste $4, but not $12! You know, in case my idea tanked.

I went one from there to check out these stores I saw when we came to look at property way back in October. One store sat on one side of the road and was labeled with hand signage "Everything $5", the other store on the other side of the road was labeled, "Everything $2". No idea what merchandise they might have, but there is one way to discover what lay behind the doors. I had pointed out the two places to HeWho was always driving several times and wondered if it was worth going in. I assume he didn't think so, since he didn't even slow down.

Well, he wasn't behind the wheel yesterday! The five-dollar store was a waste of time. They had a lot of clothes that were outdated and ugly. Some sheets, and some other items that were not worth $5. I almost went on past the $2 store, but decided I wanted to know what was in there.

This little store was packed with bargains! They had everything, food, shoes, clothes, make-up, drugstore items. I found my arthritis prescription that is now over the counter. It was Walgreens brand. I bought it at Walmart before I got the prescription for $17! I checked the expiration date and bought two tubes for $4! I scored some crackers and Reese's Christmas candy (it won't expire until September). Then I found it, just what I had been looking for since the first time we took all the dogs on a ride in the car. I have looked and tried to describe what it was I wanted to no avail.

It was labeled as a cargo net for motorcycles. It measured 16" X 16". It stretches over stuff to keep it in place. It will fit perfectly between the driver and passenger seats and prevent dogs from coming through and onto the console. Best part, it was only $1!

Then I went to the grocery. I was not nearly as lucky there, but I got the necessities and headed home. I no longer have a freezer at my disposal and have to keep that in mind when shopping. I also have limited pantry space. I still spent over $100 but got some bonus points that saved us 5 cents a gallon at their gas station. That took the sting out!

Got home to find poor Cujo in an anxious state, he is not used to being left with HeWho is not as considerate as I am. He over salivates when he is upset, and he had a string of slobber dragging along behind him. Poor baby. HeWho doesn't look where he steps probably tripped over him or spoke harshly to him. He was happy to see me. I washed his face and then got busy in the kitchen putting away all the groceries, Cujo at my heels with every step. 

This is likely to be the last good day, as rain is on its way. The steps to my She Shed project has turned into an event that involves a pickaxe .....

Comments

  1. I never persuaded my bil to build steps down to the creek at the house. Since he turned out unable to make anything that my sister did not design and stand beside him while he made it, he did very little around the house except watch TV. I think your stips will take awhile and be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first two steps were easy to just dig, but as I started to go deeper into the side, it got harder and HeWho decided to help me out with a hatchet, then a pickaxe. It was easy to just step back and let him take over.

      Delete
  2. The cargo net is a great find. I hope the steps move ahead quickly, you need your own space. Can you put a freezer in there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shed will be here Friday, then we have to get an electric line to it, and wire it. I am thinking the little shed that will be behind the carport will house a freezer and be closer to the house. My shed will have the sleeper loveseat and the queen mattress in one loft for extra sleeping space when my kids visit. But it has to get here first!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on finding a $2 store where you can shop for bargains. Maybe the step project will keep HeWho busy for a while, and out of your hair. Counting the days until your She Shed arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The great part is that along with the Dollar Tree, they are all on the same road and close together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth