Warm Weather Means Warm Dirt

 I have been busy here with the nice weather luring me outside. A recent trip to Walmart had me excited about all the plants that had just come in. I bought some tulips. I thought about getting bulbs, but they had them for $1 and there were 3 in each tiny pot. Some blanket flowers and Dianthus came home with me as well.

We finally settled on the carport, and it should be here withing a month. It will house the RV and the car and have extra storage. This is all well and good, but my "yard" is shrinking! I don't want to go nuts planting stuff only to have to relocate it later.

It is hard to describe our property. There is a somewhat level area that the house sits on, the porch overlooks the ravine, which is ours and I am not afraid to landscape it. It is quite steep, though. Then on the other side of the house is an embankment. Only a small strip of "yard" by that side of the house, then it goes almost straight up about 8-10'. There is our propane tank at the edge. It does not get a lot of sun on that side. Our back door opens to the tiny dog yard and the mountain view.

I know we own a wedge of the embankment, but not sure just where the property line is. HeWho sometimes fails to hear every conversation keeps telling me that I shouldn't put anything on the embankment. I know where one marker is, and the previous owner said it was a wedge. I am fairly intelligent, and as I live and breathe, my she shed will be up there!!

I have abandoned my previous plan to take over that tiny 8X6' little shed. It is simply too small. HeWho gets a 10X10 and I will forfeit my rights to the tiny shed, and he can have both. Maybe, if I don't need it or have another clever plan for it. I want at least 10X10, wired for electric, at least one window and a Dutch door. I can add a little porch later. The porch would be for the dogs, as they like to be with me. They have excellent taste in companions!

We finally got the remaining items we moved inside the RV. The bed has fresh sheets, and it is almost ready for company. I had been using the cool weather as an excuse to not finish. Plus, the fact that I have nowhere to put all the stuff. The pots and pans are all inside now and the new pot rack should be here next week. I have high hopes that HeWho will be motivated to put the trim up in the kitchen and I can start making use of that over the cabinet space. 

One more trip out to the RV and I will be done for the day with just making supper and folding laundry. I am beginning to like my slower routine, although I am aching to go to a nursery for more plants ....

Comments

  1. Can you get a plot of your land from the county engineer's web site, to scope out your boundaries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're finally there, and now putting your own touches on the place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just beginning. If we get many more sheds, we will have our own shanty town!!

      Delete
  3. Find out exactly where the boundary lies on that embankment before you do anything there. You don't want to have to be moving a 10x10 shed once it's built.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A SHE shed and a HE shed? You are going to be in your glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will all be my sheds, I will assign him his space!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth