I Really Want A Slide!

 I am happy about the carport. It will be right here, where the RV is parked.

As you can see that cute little shed will be hidden behind it. This is the shed I was going to use as mine. I could just see it with a little deck on the front with a low bench to sit on and a little rug from my own hands there for a canine to enjoy.

But not hidden behind a carport! I need views! I need nature to inspire me. That shed is quite tiny and can hold something else entirely. Something having to do with maintenance, situated as it will be BEHIND THE CARPORT.


Here it is, the stream. The picture does not do the steepness of the ravine justice. The water flows from right to left over the rocks and fallen trees. Look close on the left and you can see the white water rushing over some obstacle in the water.


A different angle here. I am standing at the edge of the ravine looking almost straight down. Stay with me now, as I explain my vision. We need a deck down there in those trees. Or a tree house? Just a deck nestled there with tree trunks coming through the floor. Steps down to the deck and steps down from the deck to the water. A place to sit in the dappled light or lay in a hammock surrounded by the sounds of the rushing water. Maybe a firepit and a small grill. Table and chairs for a few ....

Or ..... maybe a slide for a quicker method of reaching the deck? Too dangerous, you say? What if you landed in a pit of plastic balls? Or on a trampoline? I see, you might bounce too high and end up in the water. I really like the slide idea. I have been vetoed by HeWho says I would injure myself. But I really want one!

Comments

  1. Oh live big! But then again, how will you get back UP? You really have nature everywhere. I know you can hardly wait to get your hands in the soil. Happy you are plotting and planning your property, and the menagerie is settling in. You must feel so fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steps AND a slide! The slide will be just for going down. I saw a fire escape ladder on market place, you know, the flimsy kind that you were meant to toss out the second story window to escape a fire. I thought about buying it as a gift for HeWho. He could just secure it and then scramble down the ravine ......

      Delete
  2. Beautiful property. I am so envious. Two things I have always wanted and never had...a live creek and an eat in kitchen. Well, I did have an eat in kitchen once but I was young, my first house after leaving my parents but we only lived there a year when the house was sold out from under us (we rented).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am more fond of the stream than my eat-in kitchen. My kitchen is so tiny!!

      Delete
  3. Really enjoy following your blog but can't seem to figure out how to add it to my list so I get the new posts automatically the way I received Kampground Kapers. I have to go every day and click on the title of your new blog in the final post on your old one. What am I doing wrong??? It's so great that you can post pictures now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have many issues I need help with from my son who is a technician. He is so busy right now that he can't walk me through it, and he is not familiar enough with blogger to give me a simple solution. I will have to try to get it done myself. You are doing nothing wrong!

      Delete
  4. Is HeWho inclined to carpentry? Hick would be right on that job, and willing to install a slide as well! He built a gate and steps from our back porch down to Poolio, and a deck to lounge on. He WANTED a slide! But I forbade it. Poolio is not all that big. The boys might have splashed down, but Hick would have created a tsunami!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HeWho is inclined to certain projects involving carpentry, but they don't always turn out the way he imagined and t the first sign of trouble he will abandon the project. I do not cherish the thought of steps or a deck lingering in an unfinished state .... I will hire someone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the first picture of the stream I see the steepness of the ravine and also a near flat area closer to the water, almost as if there had once been a walking trail. I think steps to a deck and steps to the water is a fine idea, but maybe then another small deck at the water end of the steps? Somewhere to sit and fish?

    ReplyDelete
  7. One deck at a time!! You are right, we will need one close to the water for HeWho fishes. A comfy chair for him, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier