Get Poop Scooping!!

 Cujo here. Boy, do I have a tale to tell!

Yesterday was like any other, the door was open and us dogs went in and out at our pleasure. Mom said several times that she needed to poop scoop our yard. She never got to it, though. She was out in the RV for a while and kept bringing stuff inside and putting it in the washing machine. She said it all smelled like dog. I took offense to that! Does she not appreciate our delicate aroma?

All day long she was in and out like us dogs. She would load the washer and then the dryer. She finally made her last trip out there and announced that the RV was fit for occupancy. I must admit that I do not know this word. Did it mean we were going on another trip? I hope so, so I can doze by Mom's leg all day.

She told HeWho is our dad that she was about to bring the slide out in, then wondered if she had unloaded the storage spot under the bed. She looked and found it to be full! She showed Dad her mixer and he immediately wondered about a cake. Then she shared the bad news, she didn't find the beaters.

The day was almost gone, and I thought she would head to our yard with some bags to pick up our poop. She didn't do that! She got on the golf she named Kevin and rode with HeWho is our dad to the mailbox. Us dogs barked at them as they totally abandoned us. She was saying something about her "she shed" fitting right where she said it would. It was still light outside, but she came in and gave that turtle named Dora a bath and changed the water in her bowl and fed her. Dora likes to take meal worms from Mom's fingers. Mom talks to her. A turtle!! 

Before knew it, it was bedtime. Dad opened the door and all of us dogs, as well as Martha, the boy cat went outside. I took care of my business and came back in, Eddie right behind me. Martha and Toni Louise came next. Dad called out for Bo, then Mom called him to the bedroom. 

The bed was in sitting up position and when Mom tried to put the head down a bit nothing happened. Dad changed the batteries in the remote. Still nothing. Dad crawled under the bed to check connections and found them all to be where they were supposed to be. Mom asked me if I had bothered any wires when I was hiding under the bed. It was not me!! A more likely candidate was Martha, the boy cat, if you want my opinion.

We all got in bed. Dad declared it to be most uncomfortable. Mom agreed. They watched some night shows and Dad tried to fall asleep. Let me just say that HeWho is our dad seems to be able to sleep anywhere and he does it a lot. He did not look comfortable, and Mom woke him and reminded him that the sheets were fresh in the RV and that maybe he should go out there. He didn't want to, so Mom went to the hide-a-bed and unfolded it and got it ready for Dad. He slept in that small bed where Mom slept sometimes. Eddie and I were content to stay with Mom. Toni Louise paced all night long!

Mom tried to sleep sideways in the spot where her butt would normally go. I was worried about her and as I tried to tip-toe down the mattress, I fell onto her belly. I didn't mean to wake her .... or hurt her. She went "whoosh" when I hit her belly. I just wanted to make sure she was okay. After that she put a pillow atop her belly for future events. Eddie must have wanted to check on her, too, because he landed on the pillow next to me. Mom told us both to get off her belly! She said we were heavy. It was Eddie's fault, always trying to copy-cat me!

None of us slept well. Martha, the fat boy cat joined us, but never thought to check on Mom. He is pretty self-centered. Mom called out to Bo a couple of times, but she figured he must have been with HeWho is our dad on the small bed. Finally, it was time to get up and start the day.  All of us dogs followed Mom to the door ......... and there was Bo watching us from outside!!!!!

Mom smacked HeWho is our dad on his leg and asked him if he forgot about Bo last night. He did! Then Mom was holding Bo and telling him she was sorry. Bo seemed fine to me. He told me he found a blanket and slept on the porch. Mom still kissed him a thousand times and told him she felt so bad about him staying outside all night.

I am hoping for a more ordinary day today! With any luck, Mom will need a nap. You know, AFTER she poop scoops our yard. I will be there with her to help her nap. She is on her own with the poop scooping.

Comments

  1. I do hope your mum's bed gets fixed so it is more comfortable. I hope she also gets your yard scooped before it gets too messy. It can't be fun dodging all those little "logs".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier