Bear With Me


 Here he is, HeWho is my constant companion. We still have so much to unpack and organize, but we have no trouble taking off on a whim for an adventure. This is a kitschy store called Alexander's is in Blairsville. It was recommended by the ladies at the bank. I am looking for a small-scale sectional. I did not find one.

This store is literally out in the countryside. Siri seemed to know where it was, and the drive was nice. The area was lovely with mountain views and pastures to look at. Looks like HeWho found a new friend! He is missing his old pals in Missouri, even if he is not missing Missouri.

I met a neighbor at the mailbox today. Seems I was not out of line worrying about bears when Martha would not come inside. She told me not to leave my porch door open anymore, since a bear once got on hers and peered at her through the door. That would be a little upsetting and the canines would go nuts!

I have a blueberry bush to plant and wanted to get some blackberry bushes, as well. Maybe not? Or maybe I will anyway. As long as they are willing to share the bounty with me. I brought some strawberry plants with me. I will be sure to plant all the berries a distance from the house and the dog yard.

Now that we have set up the banking and all that entails, I am itching to get the garage started. More than anything I need a place to put all this stuff until I can thoughtfully go through it all. Having no walls here to display anything, I have removed all my pictures of family from frames to go into albums. Well, almost all of them. Getting them into albums will be a project for winter. I currently have no space for such an endeavor. Every evening we spend 10 minutes clearing stuff off half the table in order to eat. It seems to fill up every day.

A printer came with the mail, and it is now occupying our eating space. My kitchen counters are full of stuff I have nowhere to put. How many times does a person have to rearrange the cabinets before she succumbs and gives up? I will let you know.

Next week will find me on the phone making appointments with new doctors. We will need a cardiologist for both of us and an ophthalmologist for me. Not to mention a primary facility. What ever happened to a family doctor?

 

Comments

  1. If my horizontal surfaces are so full I have to move things to put other things down it makes me crazy. Good luck corralling all your stuff. Would a temporary storage facility rental help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just ordered the carport/garage for the car and the RV. There will be some space in front of the car for storage. My she shed is next. We will free up a lot of space with that since all my sewing and craft stuff will be housed in it. The very thought of hauling stuff to a temporary location, then back again holds no appeal for me!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. since we are not due for a check-up until June, we are in good shape to wait for an appointment and already be established if we need to see the doctor sooner.

      Delete
  3. When I moved here I gave away a lot of stuff I knew I would never use before I even left the old place, then gave away even more when I still had too much for the cabinets here. Now I have one of the garages and have it full of stuff that needs sorting, it's all been in there for several years now and I barely think about any of it, only going there to get winter bedding etc and then again to pack it away when summer arrives. It's the one thing I hate about downsizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might recall me getting rid of about 600 yards of fabric, a sewing machine, a cutting table ...... we are still cramped here. A matter of time until I convince HeWho that it is his idea to add another 150 square feet. Already planted the seed ....

      Delete
  4. Have you ever watched that TV show Tiny Houses? I find it amazing at all the ways in which they incorporate ceiling space, hidden space etc. for storage. You think maybe you will buy a double wide and enjoy the sprawl? That is what our friends did, and their home is spacious and lovely, and they don't get into each other's way.

    Beware the bear. Hank the tank is on the loose out west. I am fascinated with your little turtle love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are in the process of downsizing. So.Much.Stuff. And that's what it is..........just "stuff!" I have started taking the things I know I probably won't use/touch to the Salvation Army thrift store. I hope you can get through your boxes & get rid of all of your extra "stuff." It's really liberating! Love HeWho and his new Bear Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bears?! Yeah, don't leave the door open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would be interesting, but I would no doubt wet my bloomers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth